“I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me.” — Katniss Everdeen
“He’s dozed off again, but I kiss him awake, which seems to startle him. Then he smiles as if he’d be happy to lie there and gaze at me forever.” —Katniss Everdeen (via chaitalipatel)
Pigs are Flying.
- Peeta: She loves you, you know. She as good as told me after they whipped you.
- Gale: Don’t believe it. The way she kissed you in the Quarter Quell…well, she never kissed me like that.
- Peeta: It was just part of the show.
- Gale: No, you won her over. Gave up everything for her. Maybe that’s the only way to convince her you love her. I should have volunteered to take your place in the first Games. Protected her then.
- Peeta: You couldn’t. She’d never have forgiven you. You had to take care of her family. They matter more to her than her life.
- Gale: Well, it won’t be an issue much longer. I think it’s unlikely all three of us will be alive at the end of the war. And if we are, I guess it’s Katniss’s problem. Who to choose.
- Peeta: I wonder how she’ll make up her mind.
- Gale: Katniss will pick whoever she thinks she can’t survive without.